Many of our tenants find it hard to make ends meet, and the changes to the benefits system introduced as part of Welfare Reform have made it particularly hard for some.

We are keen to help where we can and we have our own team of experts with in-depth experience of managing budgets and extensive knowledge of the benefits that are available to our tenants.

They can spend time with you assessing your income and your out-goings, advising where you could make savings, making sure you're receiving all the benefits you're entitled to and helping you to make a claim where necessary. Just give us a call on 0800 316 0897 and ask to speak to our Welfare and Debt Advisors.

Or if you prefer, we can put you in touch with other agencies, such as the local Citizens Advice Bureau or the National Debtline, who can help. We also have an arrangement with a national organisation that can give free and confidential advice over the phone or in person. You can contact Civica UK directly on 01452 396971 or 01452 396979 to arrange an appointment.

Download this leaflet for more information:

Debt Counselling

If you are experiencing difficulty paying your rent or have other debts we can refer you to The Money Advice Team at CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau).  We have a working partnership with the Money Advice team.  They give independent advice and all personal information given to the team is confidential. Alternatively you can contact them yourself, by visiting their website at http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Alternatively you can contact a debt counselling advice line

It is a good idea to list who you owe money to, use this budget sheet to help you sort out your debts. You can use it to list all the income and expenses for your household. When you've added up all the figures, you'll see if you have any money left over to pay your debts. http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/d_budget_sheet.pdf

Welfare Reform Links

DirectGov Benefits Advisor

Department for Work and Pensions


You, like many people, may be missing out on financial help that you are entitled to through welfare benefits. Turn2us is a charitable service which helps people access the money available to them – through welfare benefits, grants and other help.

The free, accessible Turn2us website has been designed to help you find appropriate sources of financial support, quickly and easily, based on your particular needs and circumstances.